Thursday, June 25, 2009

MAKE-UP expert


Make up expert

It was evening and there was a blown fuse at my house. It would take some time for my young bro to fix it. Meanwhile, I needed to go to the nearby supermarket to pick up some groceries. So, in the semi darkness of my bedroom (some light came through the window from the street lamp across the street), I put on some lipstick, accentuated my eyebrows, and powdered my nose. I then set out looked forward to browsing among the goodies. In the store, as I was taking my time examining various items, I couldn't help noticing a number of costumers looking at me in an odd way.

Confident that it was my good looks that attracted these glances, I finally arrived at the check-out counter. Again, several people stared at me, including the cashier, but this time I got the feeling they weren't exactly admiring me. In fact, the cashier seemed to be having a hard time keeping a straight face. So, after I had paid for my purchases, I stepped aside and took out a small mirror from my bag. In the bright lights of the supermarket, I saw that my eyebrows were heavily penciled in bright red. Obviously, in the dark I had mistaken my lip liner for the eyebrow pencil !

Blushing with shame, I literally ran home.

No comments:

Post a Comment