Sunday, October 31, 2010

Emma Watson: 'I'm like Dory the fish'

Emma Watson has admitted that she is not interested in being famous.

The Harry Potter actress told magazine that she reminded herself of Dory, a fish voiced by Ellen DeGeneres in Finding Nemo.

Discussing how she had stayed grounded after achieving global fame as Hermione Granger in the movie series, Watson said: "Harry Potter was entirely filmed in a studio in the middle of nowhere, in the most stinky, leaky, falling-apart shed you can ever imagine, and I went to that place every day for ten years.

"Yes, I made these extremely famous movies, but everything was inside a bubble, with the same people. Everything was really contained. The crew became my family. I wasn’t involved with all the Hollywood stuff, that would've made me feel really disturbed and lost. No-one ever treated me as if I was different from anyone, nobody treated us as stars.
iPhone
"There's also my breeding. My family - and I can't really make enough emphasis in this - isn't interested in the artistic environment at all. In my house, nobody watches movies, they are academic-oriented, they are just not interested in this.

"Me being an actress is not their dream made true. They just want to watch me happy. Their main focus is not my stardom.

"That’s how I am. Fame never attracted me. Actually, I'm quite shy, I've never liked attention and money. I feel myself a little bit like Finding Nemo's Dory - I just keep swimming and don't turn around to watch the mess."

No comments:

Post a Comment