Sunday, July 6, 2008

Mandy Moore

From the Orlando Sentinel:

This is an actress we like to refer to as Orlando's Mandy Moore, as if "Orlando's" was her first name on her birth certificate. She spent Thursday with friends and family at Walt Disney World. We loved her in "Saved!" but since then she's also had movie roles in A Walk to Remember, Because I Said So and others.


While we're at it, look at some of her TV guest shots: Scrubs, The Simpsons, How I Met Your Mother. Can The Orlando's Mandy Moore Show be far behind?

Mandy Moore didn't appear in the old 1980's rock and roll
movie, but she might as well have played Ellen Aim. As soon as I saw the first
act, I squinted my eyes at the TV, confused by the singer on stage who bore a
striking resemblance to Mandy Moore. The girl on stage was none other than a
19-year old Diane Lane. I hope I'm not the first person to point out the two's
facial similarities, because it's definitely worth a look:



Watch the movie and you'll see even more examples. Diane's role in Streets
of Fire,
which mixes singing with a little bit of acting, is just the type
of role that Mandy would excel at. And if somehow the two similarities go beyond
looks, I just want to point out that Diane Lane took about 3 years off after
that movie. so for those that can't wait for Mandy Moore's next project, just
remember, it could be a longer wait if Mandy were to follow Lane's career path.

Just for fun, I'll pose the question: What other actresses share a
resemblance with Mandy?


No comments:

Post a Comment