Monday, July 5, 2010

Katy Perry Only Listened to Christian Music

05-Jul-2010
Katy Perry was only allowed to listen to Christian music when she was growing up.The ‘California Gurls’ singer, famed for her racy lyrics and flesh-flashing outfits, says mainstream pop music was banned in her household by her religious parents Keith and Mary Hudson.

Katy, whose first album release was a gospel-rock LP entitled ‘Katy Hudson’, which was her name before she switched to her mother’s maiden name said, “I grew up listening only to Christian music. MTV was blocked on the television. When I went roller-skating, I would go on Christian night: Tuesday night. It was just a part of growing up – parents are strict because they don’t want you to grow up to be Charles Manson.“But I was always very manipulative as a kid – I got my way. Which has helped my whole life.”

Katy, who is engaged to controversial comedian Russell Brand, has now achieved worldwide pop success and is confident she knows the secret to staying at the top of the charts.

The 25-year-old star, who is gearing up to release her new album ‘Teenage Dream’ told Esquire magazine, “People’s attention span is so quick these days that if you don’t burn an image into their brain, it will be covered up with something else. I’m singing about who I am and it’s sexy without being trashy

No comments:

Post a Comment