Friday, February 25, 2011

Avril Lavigne claims labelmate Christina Aguilera snubbed her

Avril Lavigne is claiming that she was snubbed by Christina Aguilera at the Grammys at the weekend -- despite the fact they share a record label.

Speaking after Tuesday night's Brit Awards, where she presented an award to fellow Canadian Justin Bieber, she told ITV2 that her fellow star belittled her when she introduced herself.

She claims she was so affected by Aguilera's alleged actions, that she was worried about introducing herself to Boy George last night. Talking to presenter Dave Berry, she explained, "He (Boy George) was stood behind us... and I decided to walk over. I'm a very shy person... and I didn't know what he would do, and he said, 'Oh hi!'"

"He knew who I was and I was like, 'Oh my God!'"

The 'Sk8er Boi' singer continued: 'He was super nice, unlike Christina Aguilera, who was really mean to me when I said hi to her. You know what, I said to my friends: 'I'm gonna go over to Boy George and hopefully he won't pull a Christina on me.'

"We're label mates... we have the same manager... I remember going over... and introducing myself and saying, 'Hi, we kinda do the same thing,' but I just kind of got (withering laugh).'

The pair are both on RCA records and Lavigne is gearing up to release her first new studio album with them since 2007's 'The Best Damn Thing.'

No comments:

Post a Comment