Monday, February 28, 2011

Swift stunned by global success

Taylor Swift has said it's a pleasant surprise to find her music is such a hit all over the world.

The 21-year-old country singer has achieved global stardom, but she was shocked to hear her latest album Speak Now had gone platinum in Taiwan, South Korea, Indonesia and the Philippines.

Taylor said: "Some of them were really surprising to me. I wasn't aware of every single certification we have in Asia. It really blew my mind."

She added: "The international success has been the most beautiful and pleasant surprise. Being welcomed by countries that speak a different language from the language I speak is an honour.
"It really touches me every time I look down and I see all the fans singing the words to my songs, having written the lyrics, knowing that they connect in countries where English really isn't spoken by everyone. It means the world to me."

The Grammy winner is proud to be an international ambassador for country music.

Taylor said: "I love country music, and I love the fact that it's being accepted all over the world. That is so exciting for me.

"I have heroes who have taken country music internationally. You have Garth Brooks and Shania Twain. They really did a lot for country music because they brought an awareness to it. The fact that I have the opportunity to do that too and go to other countries where I've never been before and play music - it's what I've always dreamed of doing."

No comments:

Post a Comment