Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Katy Perry denies "taming" Russell Brand

Pop star Katy Perry insists that she did not need to "tame" her fiance Russell Brand as the former womaniser was "ready for a change" already.

The I Kissed A Girl hitmaker is due to exchange vows with the British funnyman later this year following a whirlwind romance.

Brand's fans were stunned to hear he was settling down and turning his back on his Lothario reputation, but the 25-year-old singer is adamant she hasn't forced the Get Him to the Greek star into responsibility, reported The Guardian.

"He knows that I'm young and have friends and a social life, and he was attracted to me. Not, 'Oh let's find a version of myself in a female.' Every once in a while I need to remind him of that and he listens. It's all about communication. It's not about taming, because that won't last," said Perry.

"Not everything stays perfect. We all start to slow down. I think he was ready for change. One of the things that attracted me to him is his brain. He's one of the smartest men I've met. I feel smarter just standing next to him," she added.
Katy Perry Says Beach Boys Lawsuit is Not Happening
Rumors that The Beach Boys were planning to sue Katy Perry over her song "California Gurls" picked up last week. The rumors stem from the fact that rapper Snoop Dog drawls, "I really wish you all could be California girls" at the end of Perry's uber smash single, while The Beach Boys sang "I wish they all could be California girls" on their hit, which is essentially the same sentence, even though the melodies and overall theme of the songs are totally different.
The Beach Boys classic is obviously G-rated, while Perry's is a bit more PG-13! Perry took to Twitter to dismiss rumors that The Beach Boys would be pursuing legal action against her, even though some sort of paperwork has been filed.

"No one is suing anyone," Perry posted. Her Tweet, which came at the end of last week, also complained that the press likes to "fabricate and exaggerate" stories. Duh, Katy! Come on girl. I know you are media savvy enough to understand that that is part and parcel of the media: to glom onto the juicy story and milk it for all its worth.

Are you sick of "California Gurls" since it's on the radio every 13 seconds?

No comments:

Post a Comment